Sometimes it’s easier to understand something in a more visual format. That’s why we’ve created this infographic to keep things simple.
While there are many more styles of yoga practice, these 6 are probably the most popular. Which style of yoga is best for you?
- Vinyasa: A vigorous style with flowing sequences synchronised with the breath
- Restorative & Yin: Slow yoga aimed at calming the nervous system and releasing muscles and connective tissue
- Bikram: 26 poses performed in a hot room
- Ashtanga: A set sequence of poses connected to the breath. It is typically fast-paced, vigorous and physically challenging
- Hatha: Classic yoga performed at a moderate pace
- Iyengar: Focuses on perfecting alignment with the help of props, and where poses are held for much longer